Skip to main content

Complainant FAQ

Who can file a complaint? 

Any person with relevant information concerning a possible violation of the Code of Student Conduct may file a complaint with the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards. While the Student Conduct process can operate parallel to criminal or civil justice proceedings, we cannot always help recover damages or restitution for individuals. While you may have legal options for this, our office cannot advise you in such matters.

How do I file a complaint? 

You can submit a report online through our online reporting system. You may also call our office at 859-622-1500 for further options.

Can I file a complaint anonymously?

Yes, but please understand that we may not be able to move forward with the student conduct system without an available witness/complainant.

What happens after I submit a complaint to Student Conduct? 

Our office will review all reports to determine if we can move forward, and who will hear the case. The student who has allegedly violated the Student Code of Conduct will meet with a hearing officer. The matter will then be resolved through a formal or informal hearing

What is my role in the disciplinary process after I file a complaint? 

As the complainant, you are not responsible for presenting the case. You may be asked to meet with a staff member for additional information, or testify at a hearing.

Open /*deleted href=#openmobile*/