Please read carefully, as our procedures have recently changed. In order to report an Academic Integrity violation, faculty must do the following:
- Submit a request to check if the student has a prior academic integrity violation here. Wait to receive results before proceeding to the next step. You should receive an email with the results within 1 business day.
- Contact Dr. Burke Christensen at email@example.com, or by phone at 859-622-1120, to discuss the situation.
- Meet with the student to discuss the alleged academic integrity violation. In the discussion, inform the student of their right to accept the sanction, or to appeal.
- Complete the Academic Integrity Reporting Form entirely. Please include all supporting documents and evidence.
- If the student accepts the sanction, the case is closed, but if the student desires to appeal the sanction, the Assistant Director for AI will meet with the student to discuss the violation and the appeals process. (The Assistant Director for AI may contact the faculty member for clarification and/or more information before meeting with the student.).
- After the Assistant Director for AI meets with the student, they will send a notice to the faculty member confirming whether the student still desires to appeal the sanction. If the student accepts the sanction at this point, the case is closed. If the student still wants to appeal the sanction, the Assistant Director for AI will schedule a hearing with the student and the faculty member and the appropriate Academic Integrity Committee(s).
For more information, please send questions to Burke.Christensen@eku.edu.